Sunday, March 25, 2007

I wonder......

In Life, it seems we always have to manage expectations. Somehow its all about delivering what others expect from you. But yet on the contrary, you are constantly told not to expect too much and be contented, for all that you receive is a blessing not a must. Where is the parity, where is the fairness?

Are we victims of demands and responsibilty to others which we carry so heavily on our shoulders. Or are we victims of ourselves, constantly in denial, refusing to accept that we are simply not doing well enough.

What if.....
I'm blind, then I won't have to see how cruel and apathetic the world can be.
But I will not be able to see the beauty of joy and the smiles on the faces of my loved ones.

I'm deaf, then criticisms, sighs of disappointment will no longer ruffle my feathers. I'll be free.
But I will never hear the glee and laughter of people around me.

I'm mute, I will no longer utter words in a fit of anger, only to regret when the storm is over.
But I will not be able to offer words of encouragement and solace.

I'm simply not existent, I'll be a non-factor and my absence will not be a difference.
But I will never make THE difference either.

No comments: