Sunday, December 23, 2007

Doing something different.....

People who know me, know that I don't really fancy the idea of shopping. I hate being ushered through a packed crowd by the invisible pressure of those behind me. BUT I did it today......it was absolutely out of character. I made my way to Suntec City and browsed my way to Marina Square and City Link, all on my own. I'm quite amazed I actually lasted 4 hours considering I usually go for a quick grab and extract approach to buying stuff I need.

Saw some people I know but couldn't be bothered to walk up to say "hi". Maybe I was too preoccupied with myself and couldn't care less to engage in cordial banter. I did stop for a conversation though, with Marcus & Connie, a couple I knew from my old Lancer Club days. They're happily married and has a kid in tow. We exchanged niceties and went about our own business there off.

This is the first time I had went out on my own to mingle with the festive crowd alone, many more to come maybe? I can't say for sure but in the meantime, its onto the next part of what's left of my sunday, football time!

No comments: