Monday, April 2, 2007

Just another (not so) manic monday

The weekend sporting euphoria is finally over. My beloved Liverpool's 4-1 thrashing of the gooners during the saturday showdown made my sunday breakfast taste so much better. Even my favourite swash-buckling basketball team, the Phoenix Suns run and gunned their way, shooting a NBA season and United Airways Centre arena record 65.8% from the field, en route to a second consecutive win over their arch rivals Dallas Mavericks. The final score, 126-104.

For a weekend that started off on a wrong foot, all seems settled and calm and life goes on. On a personal front, having spent quite abit of time with me, myself and I, the picture is alot clearer now. Now I just need a fortunate turn of events to kick start the momentum again after everything seemed to have came to a screeching halt.

I went out today for a swim and even attempted to get a tan. Yup, me going swimming, I know some of friends out there will doubt the authenticity of that. Afterall, they have in all perpetuity assumed that I can't swim! Let me re-iterate this, I CAN SWIM .....just that I don't really like to so its by choice that I don't fancy a dip. I'm no gifted swimmer nor do I come close to be referred to as a competent one but I can survive. Swim a multitude of laps or kill me? Just pull the trigger, its more peaceful to die that way..........at least for now. Hope I can sustain the effort and hopefully my ability in the water.

After having a short swim and I do mean short (I repeat I'm very much a land-based creature), I managed to find myself one of those poolside lazy benches and laid about to bronze. The sun did his part by being extremely unforgiving to those who wanted a piece of him down here. Besides, it has been a good number of weeks in my opinion since the cloudy skies had dominated our skyline and poor Mr Sun had to stay up there without grilling to do. Allowing his buddy humidity to have all the fun of making our lives miserable in our equatorial domain. All in all, it was relaxing afternoon fun in the sun, yet there was a part of me yearning for a piece of the action and the rhetoric blues of monday.

Now that I'm "well done" and not charred I'll look forward to the coming week with much optimism, hope and a Liverpool Champions League Quarter-final tie with PSV Eindhoven to wet my lips in anticipation.

No comments: