Sunday, January 6, 2008

Saturday Night January 05th 2008

My thoughts at 4.30am on a sunday morning....just recapping whats happened on my saturday gone by.....

Well, I slept a hell of alot (what's new?!??!). I actually woke up fully only at about 5 in the evening?!!?! As for activities, I joined up with my boss and colleagues at a Chinese Taoist function organised by one of our business associates. It was a rowdy affair on a typical southeast asian evening in the midst of a torrential downpour.

Can you imagine how life can be so different amongst contemporaries? While some of us are struggling to make ends meet, there are others who can flaunt 100k+ in less than 2 hours for some inanimate object. Given these items artefacts are believed to be blessed with good fortune for the their future owners, perhaps that "little wealth" to part could be such an "oh so little" sacrifice in exchange for the reward it promises to bring.

I then joined up with Chong and some of former colleagues at Double O for a long overdue drink. Age is definitely catching up as reality struck me....real hard. I no longer seem to fit into the atmosphere I used to enjoy. A part of me seem to be missing or perhaps I'm really getting old. It's funny isn't it, how night life is so often associated with only the young and trendy(not all are trendy though) in our society though it is widely accepted for all ages else where.

Time for me to grab some sleep. Perhaps I can get a whole new perspective when I get out of my bed in the morning later, if I do get up in the morning that is,......

No comments: