Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Reporting live from Macs, Kovan

I've been forced by circumstance, to evacuate the confines of my room and into civilization. This is likely to be a regular affair in the coming days, not unless my brother can get SingTel to stabilize our ADSL connection.

It's like taking a trip down memory lane, considering that I'm practically surrounded by students either deep in their books or having an idle banter. However, the small little pockets here and there aggregate to create wet market atmosphere. Sure is an aspect that will never change over years. Boys will be boys.

I suppose I can give a good account for that, considering I too had once been one of those students who would spend hours in the premise of fast-food restaurants island-wide in preparation for my exams. Except I don't quite really fancy the idea of mugging in the company of my friends. Knowing how noisy and gregarious I can be, I probably will be more of a disruptive influence then a study buddy.

Every one has their very own study habits or rituals. I still can recall vividly the days I spent at Macs, Serene Centre preparing for my A'levels. Starting off by playing a track on the resident jukebox, the melancholic tune of GNR's November Rain. Definitely one of the longest songs if not the longest in their whole profile and an apt reflection of my mood at that point of time. After settling down, all I needed was my disc-man and my whole library of rock music CDs, most notably, my Bon Jovi, GNR amongst others.

Contrary to popular beliefs, I always felt that I'm in my element when accompanied by loud music as I hit the books. My absorption rate increases as I establish a rhythmic groove along with the music. Well, that's very much me isn't it? Someone eccentric and unconventional in my approach towards life. A social deviant, a non-conformist still searching for the promised land of hope and unconditional acceptance.

Anyway, stay merry everyone, midweek is just a few hours away. I'm enjoying a sundae, some of the many little things that's still worthwhile in life.

No comments: