Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Meetup On Satuday

Picking up from where I had last left of.....

I met up with some of my ex-college and council mates, first at Fish & Co, Glass house where they were having dinner. Its been a real long time since a gathering had been actually organised. Its nice to renew acquaintances and catching up with old pals once in awhile. The person who initiated it of course dropped a bombshell (as we chinese label the red bomb) upon us. Bernadee is getting married come 9th August 2007.

That aside, an interesting comment I received as part of a spontaneous outburst, courtesy of Joe (no worries friend, I aren't upset), since I was sporting a moustache and stubble that is unfamiliar to most on the table. "You reached puberty", funny as it is, as Joe has always been, it brought laughter to the floor, somethings don't change I guess.

The glass house was too noisy for my comfort, having to shout across a table, making any attempt to hold a decent conversation near impossible. Someone of course suggested we vacate and find a more conducive environment. We ended up at "The Wine Company" located in the enclaves of Dempsey road, amidst the colonial estate setting. Nice ambience to chill out to. Its patronage comprising of mainly young yuppies and the expat community.

Our choice of poison for the night was 2 bottles of red wine. I can't quite share in detail the origin or how good it taste. I have to admit, I'm a real wine idiot, have always been a beer person, perhaps owing to my blue-collared affinity. Anyway, its nice to hear everyones doing well and soon unable to apply for HDB flats (in case you don't get it, its a good sign, cause when you can't means the combined income of yourself and significant other has successfully exceeded 8k/mth).

Like all late-bloomers, I'm eager and most determined to make up for lost time. Perhaps I have "reached puberty". Took me 8 long years to realise it. IT IS TIME, time for me to make the step up, to hold my own in the relentless crushing waves that stand in my way, my lone voyage to find my promised land. Let it begin today.

No comments: